If you reached this site in error and wish to apply for a corporate grant or sponsorship from Highmark, please click
and follow the instructions to apply.
The Highmark West Virginia (WV) Charitable Fund for Health is a fund of the Highmark Foundation, and it is a private, charitable, organization of Highmark Inc. that supports initiatives and programs aimed at improving community health in West Virginia.
The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health’s mission is to improve health, well-being and quality of life for individuals who reside in West Virginia. We fulfil our mission by awarding high impact grants. We are proud to support charitable organizations that are a good fit with our mission statement and that meet the criteria below. Please read the following information carefully before submitting a request.
Our focus is health. The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health awards health-related programmatic grants to charitable organizations to implement evidence-based programs aimed at improving community health within West Virginia. Grant funding is used to support projects that:
The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health awards grants in the following priority areas:
- Are consistent with our mission, strategies and focus
- Demonstrate new and sustainable ways to solve health problems
- Illustrate the effectiveness of early intervention and preventive health
The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health will not support:
- Community health
- Family health
- Access to care
- Service delivery systems
- Chronic disease
- Oral Health
To be eligible for a grant, an organization must meet the following criteria:
- Lobbying or political campaigns
- Golf tournaments
- Capital campaigns
- Capital costs, including construction or renovation
- Overhead costs
- Individual needs or other forms of financial aid
- Be a nonprofit defined as tax exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as a public charity under section 509 (a) of that code. The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health does not support third-party or fiduciary arrangements.
- Be located in one of the 55 counties in West Virginia.
- Have not received a grant in the same year. The Highmark WV Charitable Fund for Health will award only one grant per organization each year. If your organization has more than one project, please make sure you determine which program is a priority.
All requests for consideration must be submitted online. If your project/program is a good fit based on the criteria above, you will first need to create an account to submit your proposal. If you have an existing account, enter your username and password and click Log in or create a new account if you are new to our online system by clicking “Create an account”.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us